I - Data Protection Policy
The law office Irina Sidorova is concerned about protecting the privacy and data of their contacts (users of the website and computing platforms, contacts established in the context of professional meetings, cases, missions, partnerships, services, applications, etc.). Thus, the law office Irina Sidorova ensures that they adopt and comply with a data processing policy in accordance with current regulations.
It is on this basis that the law office Irina Sidorova respects the applicable European law on the protection of personal data, and, in particular, the European General Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data n°2016/679 of April 27th, 2016 (the “RGPD / GDPR”), as well as all the rules of French law adopted in application thereof, as a subsidiary matter, and which may apply according to the case.
The purpose of this Data Protection Charter (the “Charter”) is to provide clear, simple and complete information to the data subjects (“you” or “your”) on the way in which the law office Irina Sidorova, in its capacity as data controller, collects and uses your personal data (“the personal data”) and on the means at your disposal to control this use and to exercise your rights.
1. At what occasion are your personal data collected?
The law office Irina Sidorova may collect your personal data in the context of professional meetings, cases, partnerships, applications, your visit to our offices, your visits to our site and web pages and your use of our online services, in particular information.
Declarative personal data are those that you provide via forms, whether they are dematerialized on websites, in paper format or in response to questions asked you by lawyers or members of the law office.
The law office Irina Sidorova takes into account the principles of data minimization, data protection from their conception onward and data protection by default. Consequently relevant, adequate and limited information necessary for the purposes for which it is processed is collected.
2. On what basis are your data collected?
Your personal data are processed by the law office Irina Sidorova in the cases permitted by applicable regulations, and in particular under the following conditions:
- when you have given free, specific, informed and unequivocal consent to the processing of your personal data (e.g. subscription to thematic information, registration for an event, etc.);
- when this is necessary for the execution of a contract, or pre-contractual measures taken at your request (e.g. application, handling of a dossier, need for access to a dataroom, etc.);
- to comply with legal or regulatory obligations of the law office Irina Sidorova (e.g.: fight against fraud);
- when the legitimate interests of the law office Irina Sidorova may be such as to justify processing by the law office (e.g. computer security measures).
Information in accordance with the applicable law is provided in each case.
3. Why are personal data collected?
Your personal data is collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes.
Depending on the case, your personal data may be used for the purpose of:
- dialogue with you within the framework of cases, missions, partnerships, etc.;
- participation in satisfaction surveys, analyses and statistics in order to improve our services as well as the knowledge of our customers and prospects;
- requesting, obtaining or receiving information on the law office Irina Sidorova or on the products and services offered by them;
- subscribing and receiving thematic information (legal training, documentation, invitations, activity reports, etc.);
- processing your application for a position;
- improving your customer experience.
The law office Irina Sidorova may also use your personal data for administrative purposes or for any other purpose imposed by current legislation.
4. Who are the recipients of your personal data?
Your personal data being confidential, only persons duly authorized by the law office Irina Sidorova can access your personal data, apart from their possible transmission to the bodies in charge of a control or inspection in accordance with the applicable regulations.
All persons who have access to your personal data are bound by an obligation of confidentiality.
These persons include the staff (lawyers, administrative staff) authorized within the law office. Our service providers may also be required to process personal data strictly necessary for the performance of the services we entrust them with (mission, electronic and postal dissemination, logistics, etc.).
In the event of recourse to affiliates or service providers located outside the European Union, the law office Irina Sidorova undertakes to verify that appropriate measures have been put in place to ensure that your personal data benefit from an adequate level of protection).
5. How is the security of your personal data preserved?
The law office Irina Sidorova takes care to protect and secure your personal data in order to ensure their confidentiality and prevent their being distorted, damaged, destroyed or disclosed to unauthorized third parties.
When disclosure of data to third parties is necessary and authorized, the law office Irina Sidorova ensures that these third parties guarantee the same level of data protection as that offered to them by the law office Irina Sidorova, and requires contractual guarantees so that the data are exclusively processed for the purposes you have previously accepted, and with the required confidentiality and security.
The law office Irina Sidorova implements technical and organizational measures to ensure that personal data are kept securely for the duration necessary for the exercise of the purposes pursued in accordance with applicable law.
Although the law office Irina Sidorova takes reasonable steps to protect your personal data, no transmission or storage technology is foolproof.
In accordance with applicable European regulations and in the event of a proven breach of Personal Data likely to create a high risk for the rights and freedoms of the persons concerned, the law office Irina Sidorova undertakes to communicate this breach to the competent supervisory authority and, where required by the said regulations, to the persons concerned (individually or generally as the case may be).
Notwithstanding the above, it is your responsibility to exercise caution to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data and terminals.
In addition, our website may provide links to third-party websites that may be of interest to you. The law office Irina Sidorova has no control over the content of these third party sites or over the personal data protection practices of these third parties. Consequently, the law office Irina Sidorova declines any responsibility concerning the processing of your Personal Data by these third parties, not subject to the present Charter. It is your responsibility to inform yourself about the personal data protection policies of these third parties.
6. How long are your personal data kept?
The law office Irina Sidorova keeps your personal data for the time necessary to fulfill the purposes pursued, respecting the legal possibilities of archiving, obligations to keep certain data, and/or anonymisation.
In particular, we apply the following retention periods for these few broad categories of personal data:
- Personal data of customers/prospects/business partners: as long as the user is active and, at the latest, 3 years after the last contact with the user (with the exception for the agreement to maintain the contact);
- Personal login data (datarooms): 1 year after last login;
- Personal data of candidates (recruitment): time needed to process the application and, in case of a negative outcome, 3 years after the last contact (unless the candidate agrees to a longer period).
7. What are your rights regarding your personal data and how to exercise them?
7.1 Your Rights
Respecting the limits provided by the regulations in force, you have the following rights with regards to your personal data:
- Right to information on the processing of your personal data
The law office Irina Sidorova strives to provide you with concise, transparent, understandable and easily accessible information on the conditions for processing your personal data, in clear and simple terms.
- Right of access, rectification and deletion (or “right to forget”) of your personal data
The right of access allows you to obtain from the law office Irina Sidorova confirmation that your personal data have or have not been processed as well as the conditions of such processing, and to receive an electronic copy (for any additional copy, the law office Irina Sidorova is entitled to demand payment of any reasonable fees based on the administrative costs incurred).
You also have the right to obtain from the law office Irina Sidorova, as soon as possible (and by default within 30 days), the rectification of your personal data.
Finally, subject to the exceptions provided by applicable law (e.g.: retention necessary to comply with a legal obligation), you have the right to ask the law office Irina Sidorova to delete, as soon as possible, your Personal Data, when one of the following grounds applies:
- Your personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- You wish to withdraw your consent on which the processing of your personal data was based and there is no other basis justifying such processing;
- You consider and can establish that your personal data has been unlawfully processed;
- Your personal data must be deleted in accordance with a legal obligation.
- Right to limit the processing of your personal data
The applicable regulations provide that this right may be invoked in certain cases, in particular the following:
- when you dispute the accuracy of your personal data;
- when you consider and can establish that the processing of personal data is unlawful but you oppose the deletion of personal data and demand instead that the processing be limited;
- when the law office Irina Sidorova no longer needs your personal data but they are still necessary for you to establish, exercise or defend your legal rights;
- when you object to the processing that would be based on the legitimate interest of the controller, during the verification whether the legitimate grounds pursued by the controller prevail over those of the person in question.
- Right to the portability of personal data
When the processing is based on your consent or a contract, this right to portability allows you to receive the personal data you have provided the law office Irina Sidorova with in a structured, commonly used format, and to transmit this personal data to another data controller without the law office Irina Sidorova hindering it.
When technically possible, you may request that this personal data be transmitted directly to another controller by the law office Irina Sidorova.
- Right to withdraw consent to the processing of personal data
When the law office Irina Sidorova processes your personal data on the basis of your consent, this latter may be withdrawn at any time using the means provided for this purpose (procedure indicated in point 7.2 of this Charter). On the other hand, and in accordance with applicable law, the withdrawal of your consent is only valid for the future and cannot therefore call into question the lawfulness of the processing carried out before this withdrawal.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If, despite the law office Irina Sidorova’s efforts to preserve the confidentiality of your personal data, you feel that your rights are not respected, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. A list of control authorities is available on the European Commission’s website.
- Right to decide the fate of your personal data after your death
Finally, you have the right to organize the fate of your personal post-mortem data through the adoption of general or specific guidelines. The law office Irina Sidorova is committed to respecting these guidelines. In the absence of directives, the law office Irina Sidorova recognizes the possibility for heirs to exercise certain rights, in particular the right of access, if it is necessary for the settlement of the deceased’s estate; the right to object to the closure of the deceased’s user accounts; and the right to object to the processing of their data.
7.2. How to exercise your rights
For any question relating to this Charter and/or to exercise your rights as described above, you may contact the law office Irina Sidorova, electronically or by post, by sending a letter clarifying the rights you wish to exercise and accompanied by a copy of any identity document to:
Me Irina Sidorova, avocat
10 avenue Hoche
75008 Paris, France
The law office Irina Sidorova commits to reply as soon as possible, and at the latest within one month of receipt of your request.
If necessary, this deadline may be extended by two months, taking into account the complexity and number of requests addressed to the law office Irina Sidorova. In this case, you will be informed of the extension and the reasons for the postponement.
If your request is submitted in electronic form, the information will also be provided to you electronically whenever possible, unless you expressly request otherwise.
If the law office Irina Sidorova does not comply with your request, it will inform you of the reasons for its inaction and you have the possibility of lodging a complaint with a supervisory authority and/or filing a judicial appeal.
II - Cookies Policy
A web-cookie is a message given to a web browser by a web server. The browser stores the message in a text file. The message is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server
The law office of Irina Sidorova uses Google services (runned by Google Inc.) and, in particular, Google Analytics service. Google Analytics is Google’s analytics tool that helps website and app owners to understand how their visitors engage with their properties. It may use a set of cookies to collect information and report website usage statistics without personally identifying individual visitors to Google.
You can view and manage cookies in your browser (though browsers for mobile devices may not offer this visibility).
You may obtain more information visiting the site.